Who we are
Our website address is: oglesby.il.us.
Information Collected and How it is Used
During your visit to the City of Oglesby website, analytics collects certain information as noted below. This information does not identify you personally.
1. The IP address and domain name used. The IP address is a number assigned to your Internet service provider or to your computer. We use the IP to direct website content to you. This address can be translated to determine the domain name of your service provider.
2. The Web browser you used.
3. The Operating system you used.
4. The date and time you visited the website.
5. The webpages or services you accessed at the website.
6. The website you visited before coming to the City of Oglesby website.
This analytics information is collected and analyzed by the City of Oglesby to improve the content of our web content and services.
The City of Oglesby website does not collect personal information unless the visitor voluntarily provides information by sending an email, completing an online form or online application. Examples of forms and applications on this website include:
• Requests or forms for city services
• Reports or an issue, problem, or crime
• Inquiries about Oglesby or local services
We may ask you for personal information such as your email address, name, phone number or other information regarding providing or offering our services. We will use your information to respond to your inquiries or for the reason you contacted us. If you prefer to submit a form, application, inquiry, etc via mail or in person, instead of via email, fax or online form, you can do so through Oglesby City Hall. Simply print the form to mail or drop off or visit City Hall and request the form to fill out in person. We may also use information collected for improvements. The information submitted will not be distributed externally except as required by the Illinois Open Records Act.
The City of Oglesby does not:
• Collect or sell information for commercial marketing.
• Provide personal information to private organizations
In the state of Illinois, there are laws to ensure that government is open and transparent. The public has a right to access appropriate records and information entrusted to the city government.
Cookies are small text files generated by the Web server and stored on the visitor’s computer. Cookies can be read by the Web server to determine if a particular Web page has already been visited or when the visitor last accessed the website. An example would be for an online survey where a cookie could be used to tell the Web server that a particular visitor has already completed the survey. Cookies do not contain personal information and are not used to mine data.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Security Information and Disclaimer
The City of Oglesby uses industry standard practices to safeguard personal information, including firewalls and encryption SSL technology.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law.
Retention of Information
For specific information, please contact the City of Oglesby City Clerk’s Office.